Friday, December 18, 2009

Interview with a Wedding Pro - Candice Dowling Coppola

I had the amazing opportunity to recently work with New England/Connecticut Wedding and Event Planner, Candice Dowling Coppola from Jubilee Events on a wonderful Glam Wedding photoshoot (picts hopefully coming soon). She's fabulous in incorporating original vintage inspired ideas to her amazing weddings and events.
I had the chance to interview her and wanted to share it with you guys. Enjoy!

1. What makes Jubilee Events unique?

Our staff is what sets Jubilee Events apart from any other company. We bring a wide variety of talents and creativity to each event we do! I also think we provide an experience for our couples that can’t be found elsewhere.


2. What services do you provide?

Our services really are endless – we provide full event management, design, and coordination. Our services are truly a great mixture and balance of creativity and information.


3. What can you advice brides and couples to be aware of or avoid when looking for an event planner?

When looking for an event planner it’s really important to ask for a portfolio of their work and check references (from past brides or even vendors). Overall, I encourage couples to hire someone that they really like, get along well with, whose style they admire, and someone they are completely comfortable with.


4. Any trends you see happening in weddings?

There are so many! Old is new, new is old. Right now we’re really seeing a lot of romantic elements – romantic colors, fabrics, draping, details, flowers…. It’s endless. There is a lot of femininity back in the style of weddings, from the gowns to the invitations. A lot of feminine touches.


5. Do you have a favorite wedding?

I do! My own. You can see it in BRIDES magazine on newsstands at the end of this month!


6. How do you stay motivated, what inspires you?

Coffee keeps me motivated and inspires me. I’m most inspired by things that are unrelated to weddings. A swatch of fabric, a chair, a bowl of soup… the list is endless. I recommend to my clients and my blog readers to allow yourself to be inspired by ideas that are not related to weddings!







** All photography by Carla Ten Eyck http://www.carlateneyck ** Headshot by Raw Photo Design http://www.rawphotodesign.com

Thanks Candice! xoxoxooo

4 comments:

Candice @ Jubilee Events said...

Maria,
Thank you so much for the feature! What an honor to be on your blog. You are the sweetest. xoxo

Lela New York said...

You are Fab, & Very Welcome! :)

Jacqueline Weppner said...

What an informative post! {BTW- I just can't stop gushing over that last image!}

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

fantastic colors and photos!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...